1 Thessalonians 1:1-8
Bill began a two part series discussing peace with God and the peace of God. This week it was “Finding Peace”. Next week the topic is “Developing or Cultivating Peace in our Lives”
Peace with God and the peace of God are two essential elements in a believers life. Without peace with God we will never experience the fruit of the spirit, which is inner peace. Today’s discussion is set against the anxiety or worry that this current pandemic has created in many a person’s life. The antidote to these things is to trust totally upon God and experience that peace which passes all understanding.
- What is the difference between peace with God and the peace of God?
- Read Romans 5:1. What does it mean that we are reconciled to (or, “have peace with”) God who justifies us through faith in his Son? (compare 2 Cor 5:17-21)
- What is our relationship with God apart from God? If we have been justified by faith, how does Christ change a person’s standing with God?
- Comment on this statement by pastor Bill: “You’ll experience no peace in life unless you first are at peace with God. Why do you think that is true?
- Read Philippians 4:7. How does the peace of guard our hearts and minds in Christ Jesus? Do you have any specific examples of a time or situation where you felt that knowing Christ brought you peace at a time you would otherwise have been anxious or fearful?
- What do you learn about peace from the following verses, John 14:27 – John 16:33 – Philippians 4:6?
- Which peace stealer do you encounter most? Where does it show up most in your life?
- What are one or two practical things you could do to combat these peace stealers?