Bill focused on 6 words: Work, Labor, Endurance, Faith, Love and Hope. The focus was work produced by faith, labor prompted by love, and endurance inspired by hope.
- What stood out to you from this weekend’s sermon?
- In verse 3, Paul writes “We remember before God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ.”
- What are “works” and how do they produce faith?
- What is “labor” and how is it affected by love?
- Why does hope build endurance?
- Describe personally how your faith, love, hope, manifest themselves in your work, labor and steadfastness
- What is the difference between earning your salvation by works and how your faith transforms you to do work?
- How did Bills distinction between justification and just-a-vacation strike you?