Christians are involved in spiritual warfare against a real adversary—Satan and evil forces. If we doubt we are at war, we can be deceived. If we believe we are at war, we would likely take action and get prepared. Satan’s strategy is to get you to take eyes of the truths of scripture and on to the temptation.
A strategy of war is to know enemy, know your strategy, know your resources. Satan’s strategy to get you to take eyes of the truths of scripture and on to the temptation so we will talk about our strategy and resources as believers.
- What stood out to you from the weekend sermon? Summarize it in a sentence or two.
- What lies do you believe that you need to identify, challenge and replace with truth?
- What do you find yourself focusing or thinking about that you shouldn’t be focusing? What’s taking your eyes off the scriptures and on to the temptation?
- Read Luke 4:1-12. What made these temptations tempting?
- What was the power in the truths of scripture Jesus quoted? Were they just magic words that when quoted, caused Satan to flee or was there something more?
- Are you familiar enough with the scriptures to know the truth and not be fooled by a counterfeit?
- Read Ephesians 6:10-18. Why does Paul begin this section with the command to be strong in the Lord? How does one obey that command?