The Thessalonian church was experiencing hard times. Paul’s concern was that their faith remain strong thru it all. Faith is important to God.
1) Faith allows you to see what is invisible 2 Cor 4; Hebrews 12:2.
2) Faith pleases God—Hebrews 11:6
Because of it’s importance, God is always growing our faith and making it stronger. And the tool he uses are suffering, trials, and adversity
In this week’s discussion we’ll examine our personal faith and where we may need to do a little maintenance
- What stood out to you from Bill’s message?
- How would you summarize the sermon?
- Why do you think he has spent these past several sermons talking about suffering and faith?
- Hebrews 11:6 describes two aspects of faith. What are they and what does this verse have to do with why some lack faith?
- In what ways has your faith grown over the past year? What has been most helpful for your growth?
- Has this message changed your mind regarding suffering and faith?
- How will it help you navigate all that is happening in our country right now?
- Since living faith emerges as a result of a maturing relationship with God, what are some things we can do to strengthen this relationship?