1 Thessalonians 4:11-12
Bill talked about work—our jobs. Work can sometimes feel like a drudgery. But your job could have a whole new perspective if believers saw their work as Spiritual, Significant and a Service to Jesus our King and to others.
The focus of this week’s discussion is how to see your job (business owner, plumber, mom, etc) as important and significant.
1) What stood out to you from the weekend message?
2) Do you get out of bed in the morning energized for work or do you dread going to work each day? How would seeing your job as spiritual and a high calling of God change your view of your job?
3) Read 1 Thessalonians 4:11, 12. In your own words, describe Paul’s admonition to the Thessalonians regarding business and employment.
4) How could we apply Paul’s words in these verses to our own lives, our own immediate context?
4) What has God designed you to do?
6) Comment on this statement: “You’re job is not an accident. God placed you there. And what you are doing is a service to God and others.
7) What steps can you take to adopt a positive attitude at your work?