We will focus our discussion on how we should live in light of The Day of the Lord and Christ’s return.
1) What stood out to you in the weekend sermon from 1 Thessalonians 5:1-11?
2) Read 2 Peter 3:1-18. 2. The Day of the Lord” is a huge concept and will be a huge event! What does the Bible say about it? (Joel 1:15, 2:10-11, 2:30-31, Amos 5:18-20, Isaiah 2:11, Malachi 4:1, Hebrews 4:13). In your own words what is the Day of the Lord?
3) What reason did Peter give his readers (and you!) for living holy and godly lives? (1 Peter 3:11-13)
4) Bill said we tend to view God as a kindly old gentleman. Does it bother you that that God will one day pour out wrath upon evil? Explain.
5) What would it look like for you to live as “children of the light” in this generation?
6) What are some ways that the church might be asleep and unprepared for for Christ’s return?
7) Bill quoted Romans 12:19 that says to not take vengeance. How can we determine when it is right to fight for our rights and when we should just accept being wronged?
8) Does Scripture require us to try to carry on a relationship with someone that has wronged us? Can we keep our distance?
9) Is there a situation where you need to apply the principles of our text