Paul gives 5 commands to the church at Thessalonians
- Don’t quench the HS
- Don’t despise prophecy
- Test every thing
- Hold fast to good
- Abstain from Evil
As discernment is a key quality of a Christian. Someone who is maturing in the faith learns to practice careful discernment. We will talk about these 5 keys to discernment.
1) What challenged you or was a new concept for you regarding?
2) Paul says to not quench the Spirit. How can we be discerning of the Spirit’s leading without quenching the Sprit?
3) How would being led by the Spirit change your life and your daily routine? Does that scare you?
4) How do you understand personally, being led by the Holy Spirit. Have you ever experienced it? Tell the group what it was like.
5) What can we do to put ourselves in a place where we can discern the Spirit’s voice?
6) What does test all things mean? What criteria are we to use?
7) Paul instructs the Thessalonians to test everything. Hold on to the good. Avoid every kind of evil. What does this mean in your life? Be specific.