Bill began by quoting Joseph Campbell who said “We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us.” In these final verses Paul describes the life “waiting” for us which is: Sanctification, Supplication, and the Scriptures.
The focus of this weeks discussion will be on holiness the importance of making it a major goal of our lives.
As discernment is a key quality of a Christian. Someone who is maturing in the faith learns to practice careful discernment. We will talk about these 5 keys to discernment.
1) What spoke to you most deeply in this weekend’s message?
2) What is the definition of Sanctification? Can you think of something that illustrates it?
3) When you think about holiness, are your thoughts positive (“It’s beautiful!”) or negative (“It’s restrictive!”)? Why is holiness important?
4) Bill said “God wants to sanctify us completely—not just part of us but body soul and spirit. How can we do that? How can we allow to have access into all the “room’s” in our lives?
5) Of the three (body, soul and spirit) which do you think is the most important? Why?
6) Bill said, “if the apostle Paul needed prayer, we need people to pray for us”. How can we pray for you tonight?