Bill read all five chapters and summarized each chapter with a word
In light of the hope of Christ’s return believers should live a life worthy of Christ
- What stood out to you from the weekend sermon?
- What words did Bill use to summarize each chapter? Which spoke to you the most?
- A key theme of 1 Thessalonians is hope. What is your definition of the word hope? What is the source of hope? What Scriptures about hope give you confidence?
- Why is the Second Coming essential for our hope and patient endurance?
Hopelessness can arise for many reasons but one reason is just not knowing the truth. Think about a child who is told the Easter bunny will bring them chocolate eggs and gummy jelly beans every Easter Sunday. She expects those eggs and has a settled hope that those treats will be there year after year. Then someone tells her, “You know the Easter Bunny isn’t real. Her hope is dashed. She may still get treats but Easter is not the same again because her hope wasn’t based in truth.
- How does the Second Coming of Jesus make a real impact on your everyday life?
- How would you answer a skeptic who said, “Jesus hasn’t come back in 2,000 years; He’s not coming”? 2 Pet. 3:3-10
- Practically, how can we grow in the hope of His coming so that it affects our daily lives?