Paul had such a love for the Thessalonians that he continued to follow their spiritual growth and service. He prayed for them. He sent Timothy to build them in their faith and was encouraged to hear Timothy’s good report about them. Paul prayed that he might be allowed to further equip or train these believers so that they would not be deficient in their faith.
This week, the discussion will be on faith – what it is, and how it develops and grows.
- What stood out to you from the weekend sermon?What is faith? Is it different than “belief”? Explain.
- Bill said that faith is the bridge from the physical world to the spiritual world. What is the importance of the spiritual realm? What would you say to the person who says the spiritual world is really nothing?
- You faith is either growing or weakening. Your response to suffering or challenges either strengthens it or diminishes it. What direction is your faith growing?
- Read 1 Cor 16:13, Gal 5:1, Phil 4:1 what should be our faith response to all the protesting, rioting and violence we see happening in our country over the George Floyd incident in Minneapolis?
- Paul was concerned about the Thessalonians’ faith. Bill admonished us as a fellowship to be concerned about one other’s faith. How can we do that?
- How are you doing in these areas? How can we honestly evaluate where we’re at in developing these virtues?