Position: Children’s director
Reports to: Pastor Steve Hopkins
Summary: We offer childcare for infants ages birth – 2 years, classrom instruction for children ages 3 – 5 years, and Kid’s Church ages K-5th grade. Currently, TRF has three weekend services but only one (9:00 am Sunday morning) that offer’s Children’s Ministry. We would like to expand our Children’s Ministry to both Sunday services.
Position Objective: To provide leadership and direction for the Children’s Ministry, with a fully operating, safe and effective ministry. Must have a desire to nurture children within our church body and serve not only as a Director, but also as a shepherd to the people that serve in the Ministry.
Qualifications and Abilities:
1. A personal commitment to Jesus Christ as well as a desire to serve within the Church.
2. A sense of calling to children’s ministry.
3. Ability to work with children, as well as plan, organize, lead and guide
projects related to the children’s ministry.
4. Ability to work cooperatively with others as a team player with a positive attitude.
5. A self-motivated leader, possessing relational skills with kids, parents and staff.
6. Experience in curriculum writing and development
7. Competency with basic computer software (Excel, Word, Publisher) and the capacity to learn new software (Photo Shop, Planning Center, KidCheck etc.).
8. Must have current Red Cross or equivalent CPR training for infants and children.
1. Led by God and supports Table Rock Fellowship’s core beliefs.
2. Oversee and coordinate all aspects of the Children’s Ministry. Responsible for the oversight and leadership of the Children’s Ministry that include; Children’s Church Services.
3. Maintain children’s ministry volunteer schedule using Planning Center and send out reminders, announcements, etc.
4. Work cooperatively with all staff and volunteers.
5. Provide a warm, friendly and loving environment for children and families.
6. Organize, set-up, and stock classrooms with necessary supplies. Purchase supplies as needed and keep the Children’s Ministry resource closets in order.
7. Understand and work with the computer program for uploading weekly teachings in Kid’s Church.
8. Coordinate sanitation and safety protocols for Children’s Ministry.
9. Visit the classes for the purpose of evaluation and teacher support in order to address any issues or emergencies that arise. Teaches classes as needed.
10. Attend monthly staff meetings (If possible)
11. Meet regularly with Pastor Steve Hopkins to discuss ministry strategy and effectiveness.
12. Communicate consistently with parents
13. Keep weekly attendance of all Children’s Ministry service times
14. Submit bulletin announcements regarding Children’s Ministry and/or events.
15. Perform other responsibilities as assigned by the Associate Pastor.
To find out more about the position, please email your contact information and resume to email@example.com